Saturday 17 January 2015

Weekly Update

So this week just gone by I returned to university for the first time since before Christmas. I took part in a training session to prepare me for a placement I will be taking somewhere in Derby that deals with legal proceedings. 

Monday was pretty much the worst day I have had in a while; I had to sit an important exam, I had to do a presentation for the placement module, and finally had to do an interview with one of my peers and we both struggled to function by that time so they ended up being quite humorous! By the time I got home I was literally shattered... but it kinda gave me a sign of relief having got this out of the way and now only going back to my daily routine of university and study, without any of the stress of exams or assignments for the near future.

Rest of the week was a bit of an up and down thing. Sold some of my old shoes on eBay not long ago, and turns out the buyer wasn't happy with them so I'm £50 down once again, however I managed to sell my old TV for £602 and this has been great for relieving some of the financial pressure my bank account is currently suffering.

Oh yeah, I also decided to have my nose done - something I wanted done for quite a while but I was somewhat hesitant as I didn't know much about aftercare, however I have to say it was one of the least painful piercings I have ever had and its just as easy to care for as the rest of my piercings and doesn't bother my airway or nose in any way. I'm really happy with it! 

Nose piercing looks on point!
I've finally finished my new room layout, with the final piece of furniture arriving Friday afternoon, and in my opinion it has completely transformed that corner of the room. Lying in bed now makes me feel a lot more relaxed just by the fact that every direction I look is comfortable and to my style now. The new TV and the PS4 I recently got have also been amazing for stress relief and unwinding after long days out of the house.

My room feels more homely than ever before
This weekend I'm just taking things easy - went for a run today and braved trying to run with River, and he seemed to enjoy it a lot as he could go at a pace he wasn't always used to, being a border collie however he is a high energy dog and he definitely loved being able to flat out run through pathways by my side for a couple of miles.

Tomorrow I'll be having my mechanical pride and joy upgraded at last! My Fez is booked in to have a full body-kit, rear spoiler, and dual exhaust system fitted and this will be done by the end of the day. This past week I have also had the interior changed and upgraded slightly with red ambient foot-wells fitted and sporty aluminium pedals installed. My car is my most expensive asset at the moment, and being given the opportunity to have it exactly how I want it before my birthday is something I'm extremely happy with!

Small interior upgrades that make a big difference to ambience
Hopes for next week are that I get re-introduced to my university modules again, and start to crack down on what is now the final 12 weeks of my degree. I also hope to be able to see some of my closest and best friends, who always put a smile on my face and brighten my days.

I hope everyone else is enjoying 2015 as much as I am, things do seem a lot different to 2014 and, for the first time in a while, I feel as though a lot of positive things might occur in my life this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment