Tuesday 21 January 2014

Busy, Hectic, Etc.

I've been so busy recently. Went out on the weekend and saw my friends Sinead and Danielle for the first time in such a long time. We went shopping and spent ages in the bubble tea place and I had such a lovely day!

Bubble Tea is so cute!

My computer is now finally built and up and running, I'm just waiting on a blu-ray drive and an SSD drive. GTA V needs to come out PC soon too, I just wanna be able to chill and see how great it is running such an amazing game.

A job well done, looks pretty good if I do say myself!

Since the weekend finished I've had such a hectic week, and it's only Tuesday! Monday I was in University all day, had a mock negotiation during the morning, and we did really well, but things got shifted by the afternoon so we weren't in as such a great mood as we were after the initial verdict. Had a two hour lecture in the evening and then basically got home and fell asleep on the sofa because I was unable to move and had no energy, being so tired just shows how much I've not been used to having long days in a while.

Today, has been a bit of a mixture. I set off for University as usual this morning, however on my way up towards Derby I was forced over on country lanes to let a fire engine past. There are so many potholes appearing in Derbyshire, and I happened to hit one which gave me a sharp jolt. I pulled over after noticing the steering on my car was really light, there didn't seem to be anything wrong, so I continued on for about 300 yards... at this point I noticed that my dashboard was on a complete slant, and that the passenger side was much lower than the driver side. I was unable to pull over at this point, and to my horror when I checked the passenger side tyres the one on the passenger side was completely gone! 

Amazing how much damage a simple pothole can do...

To make this even worse I was in an area with NO SERVICE whatsoever, and having never had a flat before I was stranded in the middle of the countryside. Numerous vehicles just drove right past me and some were going so fast that the wind caused by one car actually knocked me off my feet, it's amazing how many people simply don't care enough to help someone out when they're in trouble. My faith in humanity was restored however when two lovely gentlemen in a white van noticed me stranded and replaced my flat with the spare tyre in my boot, which safely got me to the Ford garage in Burton-upon-Trent.

Since then I've had my phone looked at by Apple, since my screen was worryingly loose, and I'm very pleased once again with their amazing customer service and left the Apple Store with a brand new iPhone 5S to ensure that the problem would not happen again.

I'm going to make another attempt on silver shampooing my hair tonight to try and get it to a nicer tone, and then I have family coming round to see me tomorrow before my birthday next Saturday. Then I have university the rest of the week before having a chilled out weekend in Birmingham this Saturday.

Life has its ups and downs; but I guess this is what makes things interesting for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment