Sunday 9 February 2014

TLC Time

Unlike my usual weekends I decided to spend this weekend at home. In part due to the terrible weather, horrible winds and my lack of money. In someways I've had a rather normal dull boring weekend, but in some strange ways I haven't.

My cosy room; where I have spent most my weekend!

I wrote to my University last week lodging a complaint over my commuting to university, in particular the fact that I usually arrive at Markeaton Park & Ride well before lectures start, but because the buses do not bother to turn up half the time I find myself late to lectures, and because of university policies I have sometimes had to simply leave and go home, wasting not only my fuel but also my time. This has since been rectified however, having finally been granted a parking permit at the main campus, which is a mere 2 minute walk once arriving by car, opposed to 20 minutes through muddy and windy conditions when parking at Markeaton Park.  Unfortunately I've discovered certain issues from this however that I was hoping wouldn't return.

I have found myself often uncomfortable and anxious with being at university recently, I'm finding it incredibly difficult to relax when there are masses of people around me, most of which I don't know on a personal level. I've have also find myself panicking a lot when something goes wrong, such as when the buses didn't turn up or having forgotten materials such as module handbooks, etc. It has been so bad on occasions that my breathing has got to the point of being heavy and I have had to sit down and rest for a while before feeling like I can continue doing what I was doing. I'm rather worried over this, and I'm going to make an appointment with a GP for peace of mind. I just find it so difficult to talk about this in person with anybody other than my closest friends, which always make it a difficult and frightening thing to do, but the fact I'm now willing to talk and get advice must surely be positive.

Drinking the vile drink!

I was also nominated to do the neck nomination challenge, which is stupid but I did it for the fun of it. Mine was simple and not harmful with just involving one alcoholic drink and a few other ingredients, NO DAIRY and NOTHING NOT FIT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION. I have seen multiple videos like this, and it baffles me how stupid people seem to be, examples have included people drinking battery acid, bleach, urine, and other things that aren't fit for human consumption... If anyone is ever nominated for this and decided they are going to go through with it I would seriously urge you to consider what you include in your mix; mixing many different spirits, household cleaning products, and items such as that should NEVER be considered. On that note however I had a laugh with mine, mainly because the drink was putrid and disgusting, but in a strange way no different to some food I have eaten.

Today I have had a rather short day, finding myself too tired to get up for a majority of the day, likely due to the fact I had a drink last night and didn't go to bed until 4AM, so my fault entirely! In the short space of time I've been awake however I have wrote an email for legal advice regarding proceedings for compensation that my family has been considering for years, but I will write more about that at another time. On the face of things however we are now realising just how much our lives have been changed due to misdiagnosis over the life threatening heart problem my father suffered back in 2012, which required immediate surgical intervention and has left him requiring warfarin daily to survive.

On a more positive note, I am very pleased to hear that our household has Sky TV once again! My parents left Sky last year after becoming annoyed with the monthly costs for the services, and despite my objection we removed our Sky subscription back around September.  Apparently this morning we had received a call from BSkyB offering us a 12 month contract including all of Sky's HD stations, as well as Sky 3D and full access to TV Box Sets and extensive On Demand services for just £8! Previously we did not receive all of these features and were paying out around £30 per month, so we are very happy with this and having the freedom to access a lot more stations again.

Hoping everyone has had a wonderful weekend, and I'll finish this post on something that's on my mind right now. Remember that life is a roller-coaster; full of ups and downs, but it is down to us to make the most of the ups, and to get ourselves back on our feet when we get knocked down.

No comments:

Post a Comment